Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013











But The Soup....oh my gosh, THE SOUP.....
 
Find it Here.....or use my tweeked version below, surprise I know! The original recipe called for Rotel tomatoes, I didn't have them so I used petite diced. I am glad I didn't use the rotel, the sausage gave the soup just enough heat and it would have been too spicy for my tastes with the Rotel.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE.....
PARMESAN CHEESE SHAVINGS ARE NOT OPTIONAL!
 
Italian Tortellini Soup
    Ingredients:
1 lb Italian sausage (if it is in casing take it out)
1 small sweet onion, diced small
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 cup diced or shredded carrots
1 32oz box low sodium chicken broth
4 cups water
1 can original petite diced tomatoes
2 tbs. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 tbs. tomato paste
19 oz package frozen cheese tortellini
shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
 
Directions: In a Dutch oven or soup pot, over med heat, start browning you Italian sausage chopping it up as you go like you would ground beef. Once it starts browning throw in your onion and garlic and let it start to sweat for about 2 minutes you don’t want to let it brown. Then throw in the carrots. Keep tossing it around until the onions are opaque and the sausage it cooked through.
Pour in the chicken broth, water, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and tomato paste. Let it simmer together for 30 minutes. Taste and add more salt if you require it but keep in mind you are going to add Parmesan cheese which is salty as well.
Throw in the frozen tortellini and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked through.
Serve this Italian Tortellini Soup hot and top with Parmesan cheese. You can try it without but I promise you the Parmesan makes this dish.


 
 
I LOVE HALLOWEEN....
 
Hugs, Stacey




No comments:

Post a Comment